Generac Surge Protective Device
Lightning strikes and utility switching can cause voltage transients and power surges in the electrical grid. These surges travel through distribution lines and into your home or business, damaging sensitive electronic appliances and shortening their life. Many transients go undetected, but overtime, contribute to sudden and inexplicable failures of electrical equipment. Products that are susceptible to damage include mobile phones, computers, televisions, appliances, smart home devices and even lighting fixtures.
Generac’s whole-house surge protection device (SPD) helps protect against these damaging surges and transients by blocking them from entering your home or business. It has thermally protected MOVs (metal oxide varistors) that help reduce risk of thermal damage, while it’s compact, weather-resistant design offers installation flexibility.
Call 843-839-4024 for pricing.
Generac SPDs may be installed:
• Indoors or Outdoors
• Within a Service Rated Transfer Switch or a Distribution Panel
• Upstream or Downstream of the Main Disconnect. (No Additional Overcurrent Protection Required)
• Suitable for Type 1 or Type 2 Applications
• 50 k Amp Per Phase Surge Current Capacity
• 200 k Amp Short Circuit Current Rating
• Pre-wired with 24 Inches of 10-gauge Wire
• 1/2 Inch Nipple Mount
• NEMA 4 Enclosure